Collectively written by Ken Kesey, Robert Blucher, Ben Bochner, James Finley, Jeff Forester, Bennett Huffman, Lynn Jeffress, Neil Lidstrom, H. Highwater Powers, Jane Sather, Charles Varani, Meredith Wadley, Lidia Yuknavitch (aka Lidia Yukman), and Ken Zimmerman.
Requiescat in pace you beautiful creatures gone to the stars too soon, Ken, Bennett, and Lynn. Here’s a little Grateful Dead (provided to YouTube by Grateful Dead/Rhino): “Playing in the Band.”
“The Favorite Hour”/ Line of Advance – Third Place for Prose by Military Family Member, 2020 Darron L. Wright Award, anthologized in Our Best War Stories: Prize-winning Poetry & Prose from the Col. Darron L. Wright Memorial Awards, available at Amazon.com
“Pepper’s Side of the Street” forthcoming @ As You Were: The Military Review
Idioms from around the world reimagined as flash fiction*:
* I’ve collected these published pieces along with unpublished pieces into a manuscript that I’m querying to publishers. It’s currently at circa 21.5k/120pp, and would be fabulous with illustrations. Should you wish to see the collection, contact me, please: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I. We See Whose Mother Is Spinning Black Wool (Croatian: Da vidimo čija majka crnu vunu prede)”
- II. To Have a Stick in One’s Ear (Danish: At Have en Pind i Øret)
- I. You Can Sharpen an Ax on top of his Head (Russian: Хоть кол на голове теши)
- II. To Steal the German’s Pipe (Romanian: A Fura Luleaua Neamțului)
- III. Go Bother Camões (Portuguese: Vai Chatear o Camões)
- I. Not in Front What Is Behind (Texasdeutsch: Nicht vorne wie hinten sein)
- II. Single Grass, Single Dewdrop (Chinese: 一枝草，一點露)
- III. To Get There by Four Paths (French: Y aller par quatre chemins)
“You Can Give it to the Rabbits (Swiss-German: Das chönnt Sie de Haase gäh)” / Flash Fiction Magazine
- I. I See Black for You (German: Ich sehe Schwartz für Sie)
- II. Heading for a Cliff
“Selective Parenting” @ Keeping It Under Wraps: Parenthood, a themed anthology series that provides a safe space to change the narrative.